Saturday, July 29, 2017

Homebrewery Formatting Guide

It's been like 3 months since I've created the formatting tips for the homebrewery, and after reviewing it a bit, I decided to redo it with a cleaner design, and a few more tricks so all of you can hopefully learn a few things to improve how your homebrews looks when you create them on the Homebrewery, the amazing page made by /u/stolksdorf

In this case I took almost everything from the old guide, added other basic markdown features and a few screenshots of the code itself to be friendlier.

One of the mayor improvements of this guide is the simple way to create a cover with a 5e-look, including some free alternative red logos (If you use them in your brews, it would be nice if you credit me!) and a simple tutorial for creating a Table of Contents based on the ToC code that /u/calculuschild gave me when I created the Codex: UA.

I've also included the latest image blending method I've created, which is based on the /u/QalarValar idea. I hope this helps everyone who wants to understand and learn a bit more about using the markdowns in the homebrewery.


Extracted from the old reddit post: "A bit of background, since the creation and the shutdown of the Codex due the DMCA warning, lots of reddit users commented me that the look of the codex was amazing, better than searching the original UAs articles in the WOTC page. Having that in mind I've decided to start learning a bit more of how the homebrewery works, and with that I've created this guide so everyone can see some useful markdowns for improving the look of the brews created in the homebrewery." 

Please enjoy and happy brewing!

Reddit Link: https://www.reddit.com/r/UnearthedArcana/comments/6q81jx/homebrewery_formatting_guide/

No comments:

Post a Comment